Thursday, November 18, 2010
utrecht self portrait contest
This year's contest will be split into two divisions. Students currently enrolled in grades 9-11 will be eligible for a Full Scholarship to a Savanah College of Art and Design Summer Seminars 2011 Session. Seniors will be eligible to win a featured Artist profile on utrecht.com.
Your email must include:
• Student Name, Grade, Address and email
• School Address and Phone Number
• Art Teacher's Name and email
• Image Attachment (limit to 10mb)
• Art Medium, Surface and Measurements
• Please include student's name in the subject line of the email and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Contest participants must be currently enrolled in grades 9-12 and have a GPA of 2.5 or greater.
• Only one submission per student.
• All media may be submitted except for photography, sculpture and computer generated artwork.
• Only Original artwork will be considered.
Entries must be received by Friday, January 21, 2011 (by midnight EST)
• Grand Prize - Full Scholarship to the Savannah College of Art and Design Summer Seminar All inclusive: Full Tuition, Room, Board & Workshop Supplies. Plus a $300 ArtSmart Gift Card.
• 2nd Prize - $200 ArtSmart Gift Card
• 3rd Prize - $100 ArtSmart Gift Card
• Grand Prize - Featured Artist Profile on utrecht.com, $500 ArtSmart Gift Card and a SCAD Gift package.
Questions? Contact Educational Services at (800) 223-9132 x 134 or email@example.com
Friday, November 12, 2010
Design must include: (2 color design)
Frontier Regional School
2011 Music Telethon
Thursday, April 7, 6 to 9 PM
FCAT logo (space can be left blank and logo can be inserted)
DEADLINE: Thursday April 9th
winner will be announced at the winter concert on 12/16!
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
CHOOSE AN ARTIST FROM THE LIST BELOW AND CREATE TWO TRADING CARDS ABOUT THEM.
1) ON THE FRONT, PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST IN WHATEVER STYLE YOU CHOOSE. ON THE BACK INCLUDE BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION. INCLUDE: NAME, PLACE OF AND DATE OF BIRTH, WHAT MOVEMENT, GROUP OR PERIOD OF ART WAS THIS ARTIST PART OF?. (EXAMPLE: BRIDGET RILEY WAS A PROMINENT ARTIST IN THE OP ART MOVEMENT) INCLUDE ANY OTHER INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT THE ARTIST.
2) ON THE FRONT, CHOOSE A PORTION OF A FAMOUS PIECE OF THE ARTIST’S WORK TO REPLICATE. DO YOUR BEST TO MATCH COLORS AND COMPOSITION. TRY TO CHOOSE A PART THAT BEST REPRESENTS WHY THE ARTIST IS SO WELL KNOWN. (EXAMPLE: IF YOU CHOSE MONET’S LILLY PAD PAINTINGS MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE AT LEAST SOME OF A LILLY PAD) ON THE BACK WRITE THE NAME OF THE PIECE YOU CHOSE TO WORK FROM AND THE MEDIUM THAT THE ARTIST USED. WHAT MAKES THIS PIECE OF SPECIAL INTEREST?
WE WILL HAVE A DAY TO RESEARCH IN THE LMC AND GATHER INFORMATION/BOOKS/REFERENCE. PLEASE USE THIS TIME WISELY AND WE WILL FORTIFY WHAT YOU FIND WITH RESEOUCES IN THE
BRIDGET RILEY KEITH HARING JANET FISH
GUSTAV KLIMT WAYNE THIEAULD JASPER JOHNS
PAUL CEZANNE AUGUSTE RENOIR MAXFIELD PARISH
ANDREW WYETH WILLEM DE KOONING NORMAN ROCKWELL
EDWARD HOPPER GEORGES SEURAT PAUL GAUGIN
JOHN SINGER SARGENT EDGAR DEGAS VINCENT VAN GOGH
SANDY SKOGLUND DIEGO RIVERA CHRIS VAN ALLSBURG